Monday, October 1, 2012

Durian

First of all, what is a durian?  Its apparently a fruit native to southeast Asia.  Apparently is smells really bad.  And it apparently is something I don't really want to eat!

How far along: 33

How big is baby:  The size of a durian.  4.2-5.8 pounds!  Wow!  17.2-18.7 inches long.
Total weight gain:  If you subtract all the cookies I've eaten, not much at all!

Maternity clothes:  I had a blow out of one of my pairs of pants this week.  The crotch got a hole in it.  And I don't think its repairable.  They are linen and it just looks like the fabric shredded.  Now I only have two pairs.  I don't really want to buy another pair but I don't think I can make it 7 more weeks with just two pairs of work pants.

Sleep:  Hasn't been too bad lately.  I've accepted the aches and pains that come with it and they extra energy it takes to get out of bed every time. 
Best moment this week:  Having her interact with Gene.  He likes to snuggle up to her in the mornings.  He will rest his hands on my belly and its fun to watch his reaction when she moves around.  I always get a laugh when he asks me, "Did you feel that!"

Gender: Girl, GIRL, GIRL!!!!!

Craving:  All the same. But there isn't one thing that I just have to have and I can't go another minute without.  I haven't sent Gene out at night for anything.  I think that's ridiculous.  Its just a craving, not a need.  If we don't have it at home, then too bad.  But, we have most things at home, so I'm good!  :)

Movement: She's exploring her little home.  She has personal space issues (don't know where she gets that from!)  She doesn't like it when I rest of hands/arms on my belly.  I feel a lot of kicking and punching then.  I guess I wouldn't like it either if my tiny cocoon was being severely squished!

Labor Signs:  None yet, but I guess its time to start paying attention.  With just 7 weeks to go, anything can happen.
Belly Button in or out:  In, but flatter.  Confession Time:  I think outies are icky and I hope I don't get one.
Stretch marks: None!
What I am looking forward to: My shower is Sunday!  My mom comes this weekend.  She hasn't seen me since June.  She's in for a shock!  Also my BFF from high school is coming with her little girl.  She wanted to throw me a shower but it just didn't work out for me to get back there for one.  I'm excited that she is able to come. I can't wait to celebrate little Abby!

Milestones:   I organized her clothes this week.  They still need to be washed, but they are in the drawers according to size.  I'm waiting till after the shower to start washing things.  Just in case I need to take some things back.  (Who am I kidding, I love all her clothes, I'm keeping them weather I have too many or not!).  I enjoy spending time in her room.  She also enjoys it.  She gets active when I sit in the glider. I can't believe how soon she will be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment