Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Last one done

We had our last baby class last night.  It was the one I was most looking forward too, the Taking Care of Baby class.  It was going to teach you about what to do after birth and how you care for your new one.  Of course, I've reviewed the Internet and I've watched videos, but its always nice to hear it from a person and be able to ask questions.

Gene wasn't thrilled to go, but he went along.  I turned out to be the same instructor as our birthing class, so that was nice.  I liked her teaching style.  Although last night, it did start to get on my nerves a little bit.  She would bring up a topic, and then ask anyone if they knew anything about it.  Most of us didn't, which is why we were there.  It just started to get old.  Maybe I was just tired and cranky. Anyways....

I did learn how to swaddle.  I'm now a baby burrito making champ.  We also learned the proper technique to diapering.  Gene was insistent that we put the cloth diaper on the baby's head like an Amish cap.  I kept trying to tell him that was incredibly rude and inconsiderate.  He finally gave in after I took the diaper away. 

The final part of the class was spent going over the Happiest Baby on the Block theory.  This involves using various techniques to soothe the baby.  It was good to know some of these tips.  I would have never thought that placing the baby on their side would soothe them.  I also wouldn't have thought to shush them in their ears, really loudly, either.  I'm hoping we don't have to use the techniques, but I know we will at some point, so I'm glad we were both instructed on them. 

Now all we have to do is wait. 

Lemonade anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment