Monday, October 8, 2012

Butternut Squash

How far along: 34

How big is baby:  The size of a butternut squash. What's with all the squashes?!?!?  4.2-5.8 pounds!   17.2-18.7 inches long.

Total weight gain:  Plenty

Maternity clothes:  I've busted out the bella band again.  I'm trying not to buy more pants.  It still drives me crazy, but I keep reminding myself that its not much longer!
Sleep:  Ehh... its not so easy anymore. It hurts my pelvis to lay on my sides, but it hurts my back to lay on my back.  I've been having crazy dreams again.  I'm also extremely hot at night!

Best moment this week:  My shower was yesterday.  It was so nice to have so many people around me to support me. We received so many great things.  I would much rather be at home right now sorting through it all then stuck here at work! 
Gender: Girl, GIRL, GIRL!!!!!

Craving:  chocolate lately.  Mostly at work, were I don't have any.  I keep looking for candy sales so I can stock up on some, but then I convince myself that I don't need it.

Movement: She's become a pusher.  She's not kicking much anymore, but she will push her arm or leg against my sides.  At times you can even grab at it.  Sometimes she will pull away and sometimes she won't.  Its really weird to feel around for her parts and try to guess what they are.  Gene is now fascinated by this.
Labor Signs:  I'm getting anxious that I won't know when there are signs.  I don't want to be that person that calls the nurse line all the time and its a false alarm.  I'm going to ask at my appointment tomorrow about specific things I should pay attention too.
Belly Button in or out:  Still in.  The skin around it is very sore though.  Gene likes to stick is finger in it, and it really hurts when he does that.  I guess its just tired of stretching!

Stretch marks: None!
What I am looking forward to: I'm ready to get all the last things we need.  I plan to hit up both Target and Babies R Us this week for the last few necessities.  I'm ready to get her room all organized.  I'll start washing her clothes soon.  It could be any time now and I want to be ready!

Milestones:     I think the shower was a milestone.  Its something I never thought I would have.  It was great to be spoiled for a day.  It was better than Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment