Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Finally did it

For years I would avoid the employee health nurse this time of year.  Its flu shot season.  We aren't required to get one at work (except for the year of H1N1), but its highly recommended.  You have to sign a waiver if you don't.  For 9 years, I've gladly signed that wavier.

Why?

Because I'm a pussy.  And I don't like needles.  That's all a false statement now.  How can someone who's been through multiple IVF's hate needles?  I still don't like them, but I tolerate them.

This year though, for Abby's health, I needed to get one.  So yesterday was the first day you could get one, so I marched upstairs and smiled at the nurse.  She almost peed her pants with excitement.  She let me have the comfy reclining chair.  (Which I could have stayed in for a while).

She jabbed my left arm and pushed in that juice and damn if it didn't hurt!  Son of a-----!  Again, confirmation that I'm a pussy! 

My arm still aches, 24 hours later. It was hard to sleep on the side last night because the muscle was so sore.  My IM trigger shots didn't even hurt this bad!

The things you do for your children. 

No comments:

Post a Comment