Monday, October 29, 2012

Are you ready?

I've been asked this question a million times lately.  I'm never sure how to answer it.

Yes, her room is ready.  Yes, I have everything I think I need.  So I guess, yes I'm ready.

Physically, my back aches, my ribs are tired of being kicked, these cramps are getting annoying, so I guess, Yes, I'm ready.

Emotionally though, I don't think I'm ready at all.  I feel like I do during the holidays.  Happy, go-lucky, just enjoying the magical time.  But I know as soon as it comes and its over.... blah!  The excitement is over and its back to real life.  Although I know in this situation, life will never be the same.  I guess I'm already preparing myself for the let down, which is horrible!  I need to tell myself that life is going to get better and a little miracle is coming into our lives.

Holy Shit... a real child is going to be in our lives!  I'm petrified of caring for a child.  I'm so not ready for her to come yet.

I'm also hoping this will last as long as possible because this might be it.  This might be the only chance I get to do this and I want to savor every minute of it.  Just like not wanting to take my wedding dress off because I knew I would never wear one again.  But, eventually I had to. 

Eventually this baby will have to come out.  I'm excited to finally meet the little wiggle worm and see what she looks like.  Its like I've been staring at the big package under the tree for weeks and its finally time to open it.  I know what's inside will bring me hours of joy, but I've already grown to love the hours of joy in the anticipation.  Will one be just as good as the other? 

I guess we just have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment