Monday, October 8, 2012

Do I smell good?

Because I've been showered! 

I didn't have any expectations for a shower.  Early on a great friend asked if she could host a shower for me and of course I excepted. 

We picked out a date months ago.  I was hesitant to wait till 34 weeks, but I knew that's what worked for everyone.  I kept having nightmares that I would deliver before the shower!  Thankfully that didn't happen. 

I didn't want anything specific.  It was mostly for the church ladies to come and ooh and ahh over me.  JJ wanted to come till I told him it wasn't like our usual parties.  He was glad to go to soccer instead. 

I was welcome yesterday to a room filled with pink and green flowers. Sweet little tea sandwiches and fruits on a beautiful table.  Delicious cake squares. And pink punch.

I spent at least an hour opening gifts.  It seemed like it would never end.  I'm embarrassed to admit that I got so hot I sweated to the vinyl seat.  That was a gross surprise when I stood up! 

I was pleased to see so many things that I had registered for.  I'm grateful for all my gifts, but I've been holding off getting some of the things I wanted (needed) till after the shower.  I think the pack in play was my most exciting gift to cross of my want list.  I was beginning to convince myself that she could just start in the crib from day one and I could just suck it up walking up and down the stairs.  I can't wait to get it out the box and set it up!

The diaper pail was also an exciting gift.  The last thing I want is a stinky room.  She's too cute to stink!

I received several bonnets.  Who knew bonnets were so popular?!?

I received a lot of bath items.  I guess she will be smelling good too.  I have to set them all out so I can see exactly how much body wash and bubble bath there is! 

Something that wasn't a shower gift, but I did receive them this weekend, was baby clothes that belonged to me and my mother.  The dresses are adorable and perfectly vintage.  I can't wait to see Abby in them.  I know vintage is in, but it just makes them better that they are family heirlooms.  Most of them handmade by earlier generations!

It was a wonderful day.  I have pictures, but I haven't done anything with them yet.  I was too tired last night to do much of anything.  I have it on this weeks to do list, so I'll see what I get around too!


No comments:

Post a Comment