Friday, October 5, 2012

Life as I know it

In a few short weeks I will be the mother of a newborn, and a tween.  Its hard for me to see JJ as a tween.  He's growing up so fast.  I still see him as the bubbly little boy I met years ago.

He's 11 now.  He's in middle school.  He's become into his appearance, some.  He cares about what he wears and if it looks good.  He spends time fixing his hair. (Although there isn't much you can do with his stick straight short hair, but he tries). 

Today after school there is a dance.  He went to the dances in Elementary school, but he never really wanted to.  We had to talk him into it, and he usually went with a soccer ball in hand, hoping he would just get time to play with his friends, rather than dance.   But this year, there was no arm twisting.  He was eager to go.

Last night he came to me to ask me an important question.  He held two different deodorants in his hand, and he ask me which one he should wear tomorrow.  He proceeded to open each one and let me smell them.  I had to hold back my giggles.  Did that really just happen?  Did he really just ask what he should smell like?  Does he really care that much?!?!? 

Wow!

I did chuckle when he wasn't in ear shot anymore.  It was cute to see him growing up.  He talked about his one classmate was going to ask a girl to dance, and JJ was convinced she would say no.  I've been encouraging JJ to learn how to dance Gangnam Style.  What better way to exploit his Asian heritage right?!?  The ladies already love his moves, why not use it to his advantage.  He showed me a little of what he can do this morning.

I can't wait to hear all about it.  I can't believe he's growing up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment