Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Take 2

Mt. Dew isn't all that bad.  Not my drink of choice.  It did seem to get Abby moving a little, but I really think she's in a growth spurt and she's just content to be still.  I guess highly active to me, is not much by the standards.

She's still breech.  And she still has her hands and feet up at her face.  The sonographer theorized that her hands are most likely there to protect herself from her feet.  She doesn't like the kicking, so she is guarding herself.  I think that's pretty ingenious of the little one. I wouldn't like getting kicked in the face either! See exhibit A below.  Foot in Face.



























The sonographer gave us more than the time we should have gotten.  She was very patient.  She tried her hardest, but Abby just wasn't into it.  I'm happy with the photos we got.  You can see her face.  Her eyes, her nose, her little lips.   (Gene is concerned that she will have a huge nose.)

I loved seeing her taking breaths and moving around (even though it was just a little bit). It was just surreal to lay there and look at her.  I watched the DVD replay of it this morning and I'm still in awe.  I think she's the most beautiful baby in the world. 

I can't wait to meet her.  I just hope she can get her act together and turn around.  Although, I am worried that she won't.  The sonographer explained that the uterus is like a balloon.  So right now, she's content with her head up because there is more room.  She suggested acupuncture and a chiropractor to help turn her.  She said a chiro can adjust the pelvic muscles, giving her a little more space.  I already know my pelvic muscles are extremely tight.  She might be hiding out in this position because she just won't fit any other way. 

We will have to wait and see.  I'm ok with her coming out any way she can.  Although I always imagined a vaginal delivery.  But I guess one more trip to the OR can't hurt me.  I just want her to be healthy, so we can all be happy.

I'm on breech baby watch now.  8 weeks and 5 days to get it together.

No comments:

Post a Comment