Thursday, September 13, 2012

Surprise!

The girls I work with threw me a surprise shower last Friday.  I can honestly say that I was completely surprised!  They did a great job at keeping it a secret.  (Although they confessed they didn't give themselves much time to plan, so they didn't have long to hide it).

I was overwhelmed to have people care about me.  I've been at my job almost 10 years.  I've seen the ups and downs.  I've seen people come and go.  I'm quiet and I do my job, so if people don't know me, it doesn't bother me.  It felt special to be recognized. 

There was cake.  Which was decorated with an owl on it.  Flowers, balloons, and punch.  There were presents for Abby. 

I can tell you one reason I was shocked and surprised is earlier that day I have gone over my Babies R Us registry.  I look at it periodically to see if there is something I'm missing or if I change my mind about things.  It just so happens that I didn't scroll far enough to see that something had been purchased.  Most of my other gifts came from Target, which I didn't check that registry that day.  I told myself I would do it later.  Ha!  That was a sign.

I have another shower coming up in a few weeks.  This one is for all the church ladies and friends.  Your traditional southern shower.  I'm getting more and more overwhelmed as that time gets closer.  That means shes closer to being here.  I'm not sure if I'm ready.  I thought this time would take forever, but it really hasn't.

I break into tears periodically thinking about how far we've come for this.  I sit in Abby's room and stare in awe. I cry in the car.  I cry at work.  I cry buying pampers.  I smile when I pat my belly and she kicks back.  I smile bigger when Gene pats my belly and she kicks back.  I think I've disembarked the emotional roller coaster and gotten on the emotional merry go round. 

I'm ok with that.  Small bounces up and down are ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment