Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Carry On

My new favorite song is one by the group Fun.  Its called Carry On. 

Fun reminds me a lot of Queen.  Its not popish, but not totally rockish, its somewhere in between.  It makes me want to dance around in my seat.  Its got great vocals with lots of added instrumental sounds.  I grew up listening to Queen, so I guess that's what draws them to me.

I love the chorus of the song. 

If you're lost and alone
Or you're sinking like a stone
Carry on
May your past be the sound
Of your feet upon the ground
Carry on
If there is one thing I can pass on to Abby (and JJ), its not to give up on your dreams.  No matter how low you are or how far away you feel from them, do not give up.  Just keep going.  I think that chorus reminds me to do that.  You have to keep pressing on. 

Its not always an easy thing to do.  Both Abby and JJ wouldn't be a part of our lives had we not carried on.  I could have easily given up at any point and said it just wasn't meant to be.  But I knew it my heart it was, and I wasn't going to stop until my heart told me otherwise.

There were many times were I felt lost and alone.  Many many times where I felt like I was sinking like a stone.  But I'm very proud to have my past be the sound of my feet upon the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment