Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Is it just me

Gene and I attended the Prepared Childbirth Class this Saturday.  It was a one day class to go over the expectations of labor and delivery.

I feel like I have a lot of knowledge about what's going to go on during the process.  I've done my fair share of reading.  Both books and the Internet. I do have some extra time on my hands during the day, but I feel that even if I didn't, I would still be all over researching what's going on.  Its just my nature.  I need to know, and I need to know now.  And thankfully, technology has given me that!

It amazed me that most of our classmates hadn't really done any research.  They seemed to be clueless in the entire process.  I tried to bite my tongue.  When the teacher asked a question, I tried not to seem like the know it all.  (Even though I knew all the answers).  It was also frustrating to go in circles with questions, and listen to the same ones being asked again and again.  I credit the instructor for her patience with these questions. 

I did get some things out of the class.  It was good to go over what a birth plan is and what the doctors and nurses really need to know. I was most looking forward to the tour, which of course happened at the end.  But I now know where to go when we get there and what types of rooms we can expect to be in. 

We've got two more classes to attend.  A breastfeeding class and a "What to do with the baby when you get home" class.  I'm hesitant, but excited to see how these classes go!

No comments:

Post a Comment