Monday, September 10, 2012

She's definitely mine

Saturday was her big day.  4d ultrasound day.  I was excited, Gene was excited, JJ was beyond excited.

I followed the instructions and drank something sweet on the way.  Caffeine free Coke.  I thought the real sugar would help her.  I had a feeling in the pit of my stomach, but I tried to shake it off.

We got there, got situated in this big room.  Gene and JJ got comfy on some couches.  I explained that we were having a girl, but additional verification would be great.  She was able to tell us that (and show us that) right away.

Then she started to move around.  First thing she said, "Well, the baby is breech".  Great, ok.  She said its normally not a problem.  Then she said "She's curled up in a tight ball."  She showed us how her hands and feet were up near her face.  She did some pushing around to see if she would move.   Nope!

She then suggested I get up and bounce around.  Ha!  I did some moving and bouncing.  I tried eating a chocolate covered granola bar.  She suggested I bend over and touch my feet, that sometimes that can help stretch them out.  Really?

We started to try again, but she was still balled up.  We gave it a few more minutes and then we pulled the trigger.  She just wasn't into it. 

Thankfully, they agreed to let us come back another time and try again.  I'm just hoping that this time she's more cooperative.  But, I don't blame her.  I like to sleep curled up.  I spent my time in the womb just like that.  I'm a deep sleeper and I'm stubborn like a mule. 

We did get a few print outs and a DVD of everything captured.  Gene has already stated that he's going to show the picture to every boyfriend she brings home.  (Showing him while he's cleaning his gun!)

Lets just hope she gets her act together by next Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment