Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Playing the numbers game

So here we sit, playing the odds. Again.  Yesterday they retrieved 23 eggs.  I'm very pleased with that number.  I certainly could feel all 23 of them pressing against my bladder.  Today we got the fertilzation report.  Of the 23, only 18 were mature.  That's ok, I expected some to not be mature, there sure were a lot in there, and several that measured small on Sunday. 

Well, of those 18, only 11 fertilized.  So again, we had a large attrition rate.  I know 11 is awesome, but last time I thought 8 was awesome!  I'm just hoping that those 11 are good quality eggs.  I really hope the metformin had time to do something.  We go back Friday morning for our three day transfer.  I have hope that there will be two rockstars to transfer.  Afterall, we had two last time, but its believed to be the endometriosis that prohibited implantation.  So, if thats the thinking, than if we have a rockstar or two this time, then we should be golden!

I'm clinging to shreads of hope.  I'm not a gambler.

No comments:

Post a Comment