Thursday, January 19, 2012

I 'heart' my dog

My dog knows me.  Its unreal how well he can sense I'm scared, or angry, or playful.  The past few weeks have been a wild ride, and I know its not over, but Woody always seems to be there when I need him. 

IMG_1087 wm 

At night, when I get tucked in, he jumps on the bed and snuggles with me.  I'm trying to train him to wait till I'm fully in, but some nights he just can't help himself.  He jumps up and burrows his way up to my face.  He rests his head in my arm and I softly pet him.  He'll look back at me, lick my face, and then snuggle right back in.  This process doesn't last long.  I blame that on having a high energy dog. Its usually just 10 minutes or so and then he jumps down or moves over to Gene and sticks his face in his while he's reading.  (Its quite cute!)

I feel during those few minutes that he gets me.  That he's absorbing my pain.  He's so sweet and affectionate. I love when I get home and he runs to me and jumps all around like its the best part of his day.  Or like when we go away and leave him at the sitters.  He just about runs me over, well he did run me over once, and licked my face with excitement.  Then he slept beside my side of the bed that night. 

I imagine this is how being a mother feels.  I hope I don't have to imagine much longer.

wandlsunflare

No comments:

Post a Comment