Friday, August 31, 2012

I asked

At my last appointment Tuesday, I asked about taking the Celexa.  I had been told that it isn't harmful to take in the third trimester, but there wasn't any scientific studies to show that.  Plenty of women have taken it and had healthy babies.  But, it would be something I would need to decide with the doctor when that time came.

I'll confess that I had been putting it off because I'm scared to go without it.  But, Gene isn't so keen on being medicated, so I thought for his benefit I would ask.  And to my surprise, the doctor told me it would better to stay on it at this point!  She explained that if I went off it right now, my hormones all out of whack, I would be a mess.  And she implied from her experience (having 4 kids) that once the baby comes I will want it even more once the baby comes.  She advised that now is not the time to experiment with the emotional roller coaster.  And, from her knowledge, the harmful period is in the first trimester, when the organs are forming, not now in the third.

It was relieving to hear this.  I don't want to be a mess.  I want to be relaxed and focused on Abby.  Gene has already expressed that he wants me to tell him if I don't feel well once she gets here.  He said to not be ashamed or afraid to speak up, that he knows it can be difficult.  I'm glad that he's already reaching out and acknowledging that.  I will say that I'm very apprehensive right now about how I will handle it.  I will take each day as it is and soak up the miracle that it is. I've tried to tell myself that its ok.

Deep breaths, and just keep swimming.

No comments:

Post a Comment