Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Rinse and Repeat

I feel like time has rewound itself.  I can see why they say the second trimester is the greatest.  I've just crossed the cusp into the third, and I already feel like crap.  I'm feeling like I did in the first trimester again.

Where to begin.  Lets start with the insomnia.  Nightly wakes ups that lead to laying there for an hour or so.  At least this time I have someone to keep me company.  She must know I'm awake and she's usually quite active while I try to settle back down.  Its a nice bonding time, but that lost hour really throws off my rhythm.

The crazy dreams have returned.  Those never really went away, but I think they are now more intense like they were in the beginning.  I find things that have occurred in my daily life weaving themselves into some really bizarre dreams. 

The fatigue.  Argh.  I feel like I'm slower than my grandma.  I just don't have the energy to walk much anymore.  Plus, my feet and my knees hurt after a while.  Even just errands can wear me out.  (Gosh I sound so lazy!)

The loss of appetite.  Food just doesn't sound pleasing.  I'm still hungry all the time, I just don't feel like eating.  I also feel like a whale (I'm not going to mention what the scale said today).  I'm trying to not give into every urge for ice cream and cookies.  I'm also getting heartburn regularly so somethings I just don't want to eat because I know I'll pay for it later.

I know I'm in the home stretch.  I'll start to see the OB every two weeks now.  Its still crazy to me to think we've gotten this far already.  In just a few short weeks we be a family of 4!

No comments:

Post a Comment