Friday, August 17, 2012

Finally a perk!

There aren't many perks at my job.  I've been here almost 10 years.  (Wow!)  They've always made the peons park on the opposite side of campus.  Its been a battle between peons and administration for quite some time, but there isn't anything they can really do about it. 

Some time ago, I abandoned the employee parking deck because my sanity needed it.  I didn't mind the long walk through the campus, but I hated the shenanigans that went on in the deck.  Every morning my blood pressure would boil over because people would hold up the line trying to wait for a spot on a lower level.  Cars would wipe around corners and down ramps, it was an emotional nightmare. 

So I became a perpetual visitor and have never looked back.  Its the best thing I could have done for myself.  I still had a nice little walk, but I was calm and collected when I got to my desk.

Well, one of the perks, really the only perk around here is when you hit your third trimester, you get privileges to park downstairs in the garage!  So, this week I've got to start parking down there.  And, I'm not even to my third tri yet!  The person in charge of that just went ahead and gave me a few extra days.  Its been so nice to just come up the elevator every morning! 

I know I could use the exercise, but at the end of the day when my back is screaming, its been great to be at my car in 2 minutes instead of 8.

I know this will end at some point, so I'm soaking up every minute of this little enjoyment!
Its the little things that make me so happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment