Thursday, August 30, 2012

Game on

Today marks a milestone.  It not one any other pregnant woman would consider a milestone, but for me its the beginning of the end. 

College football starts today.  I've always marked the baby's arrival by it being the end of college football season.  So today, the countdown begins.

College football is big in our house.  We are state rivals.  Abby is due the week of the big rivalry game. Gene lives for this time of year.  He loves it.  Saturdays are spent watching games on TV, or tailgating at games.  It involved friends and family.  It signals that cooler weather is on the way. 

For me, each Saturday that passes is one more closer to Abby being here.  I know this time will pass fast.  It always does.  We always seem shocked in November when its over.  I was to savor every minute and enjoy it as much as I can.  I'm ready to hold and snuggle my precious miracle, but I know it needs to happen when the time is right.

I think I'll be drinking a lot of lemonade this fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment