Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Denial

It's strange to me to have strangers ask about my pregnancy.  I'm always taken a back, like the "How did you know" response.  Of course its my belly, but I guess I just never realized how obvious it would be. 

Those first few weeks were I was desperate to show have now caught up to me.  There is no hiding it anymore.  Some people are complementary about my size, and some just need to shut their pie holes.  Some days I feel big, some days I don't.  My face hasn't changed at all, and I'm not swelling anywhere else, so its all in the front.  I think my hips and thighs are a bit wider over all.  I guess self perception is, well I guess, limited to ones own opinion.  I don't see myself as the cute little pregnant person I thought I would be.  There is a little more around my midsection, but maybe as she continues to grow, it will round out.  If not, that's ok.  I'm going to enjoy the next 13 weeks.

The best moment lately about my size was hearing it from a child.  I passed by her and she got her mom's attention and said "Mommy, that lady has a baby in her belly".

Yes, little girl I do. I do, and I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment