Monday, July 23, 2012

Papaya- Part 2

How far along: Twenty three weeks!

How big is baby:  Hopefully over a pound by now. Its hard to know between appointments.
Total weight gain: 12 pounds.  Up one more this week.
Maternity clothes: Still waiting on my old navy order to come.  I can't wait to try on my new jeans.  I know its not really jeans weather.  But, I like to wear them when we go out because I get so cold in the air conditioning.  I hate having to wear my work pants right now when we go out.  It says it should arrive by Thursday!
Sleep: Still some interrupted insomnia moments.  I slept until 10 on Saturday and that was heaven!  I know those days are short numbered.

Best moment this week: Registering.  I loved picking out everything for Abby.  It was so much fun.  A little stressful, but I had some great advice from friends, so when it came time to choose things, I had some ideas of what other moms liked and didn't.

Gender: Girl!

Craving: This week is seems to be birthday cake.  Maybe because JJ's birthday is this week.  I love cake!

Movement: She's still active.  Friday I was able to poke and she would kick back.  It was just that one time, but I hope this is a start to her interacting with us.  I've been trying real hard to get Gene to feel her moving.
Labor Signs: None, nada!

Belly Button in or out:  About the same.  I've started to take a front, bare naked, belly shot so I can document if it ever becomes and outie!

Stretch marks: None yet, knock on wood.
What I miss: There isn't much I'm missing right now.  I guess this is the bliss they talk about!  I'm very content being pregnant.  I'm excited to get the nursery going.  I don't want to rush things, but its fun to see things coming together.
What I am looking forward to: I think at this point getting the nursery ready.  We picked out, but haven't purchased, furniture yet.  We are set on a paint color.  We started clearing out the room this past weekend and hope to have it all clear by this weekend.  I know it will take time, but its fun to have a project to do!
Milestones: Registering was a big milestone.  There was so much to think about.  It's hard to imagine that something so small will need so much.  And how quickly she will outgrown it all. 

Here is a photo from yesterday.  Its really more like 23 weeks since I take them Sunday and my rollover day is Monday. I posted a series on facebook to show the development.  I can't believe at 4 weeks I thought I was fat!

No comments:

Post a Comment