Monday, July 16, 2012

Papaya!

How far along: Twenty two weeks!

How big is baby:  between 14 oz and a pound
Total weight gain: 11 pounds.  Up one from last week
Maternity clothes: Finally bought a few more shirts this weekend.  Plus ordered a pair of jeans and some capris online this morning.  I have to get a short length pair because my legs aren't that long.  I tried on the regulars in the store and I needed 4 inch heels to wear them.  No thank you!  I might finally feel like I have a good enough collection to get me through it.
Sleep: The dreams are still crazy!  I've had the most bizarre ones lately.  One involved being naked and one involved a 4 month old that could walk and talk in full coherent sentences!
Best moment this week: Revealing baby's name to our families!  Abigail Olivia it is.  We will call her Abby or maybe still Olive.

Gender: Girl!
Craving: Still ice cream, and water.  When we go out to eat, they can't keep my glass full!
Movement: It comes and goes.  She was quiet this weekend.  I do start to panic, but as long as I've felt something, even just a little one, I remind myself that its ok.
Labor Signs: No, thank you!
Belly Button in or out: Still in, but my chicken pox scar not far from my belly button has stretched out!
Stretch marks: None yet, knock on wood.
What I miss: Right now I'm missing a summer vacation.  I've opted not to take one and save my time for maternity leave.  Its hard to be here all summer.  I just keep reminding myself of the cozy winter days me and Abby will get to spend together.
What I am looking forward to: Still looking forward to registering.  And now, my jeans coming.
Milestones: I think giving her a name has been a big milestone.  Its one of the hardest things I have ever done.  I feel so much pressure to make it something she can live with the rest of her live.  I think we made a good choice.  Its classic.  It flows nicely.  I opted out of the unique spellings.  It's just simple elegance.

And finally, I picture of sweet Abigail Olivia!

No comments:

Post a Comment