Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Luke...

It should be rather, Olive.... I am your father.  That's the nightly game Gene plays with Olive.  He sticks his face into my belly and talks to Olive.  Usually starting off with the classic line, Olive, I am your father.  Its pretty cute, and funny.

Then he tickles my tummy with his tongue and I can't help but bust out laughing.  Poor Woody always wants to rescue me.  The scruffy beard also tickles, but its the raspberry blowing (or zerberts if you're a Cosby kid like me), really get me going.

He listened to my belly for a long time last night.  Trying to feel kicks.  She's stubborn right now, and won't respond.  I hear that's normal.  I'm sure they aren't quite aware yet where that poking and jabbing is coming from.  I can jiggle my belly and in 10-15 minutes I might feel a kick. 

I'm loving this experience.  Just one more week till our anatomy scan and we get to see her again.  I think we are coming to a consensus on a name.  I heard Gene call her my first choice last night.  I tried not to act shocked or gloat, but it was good to hear her called something more prominent than Olive.  Or Gesa, or Peanut, or Precious Miracle, or Princess. 


No comments:

Post a Comment