Thursday, July 12, 2012

The green monster

I've never been a jealous person.  At least not outwardly.  I've had my struggles recently with accepting pregnant people and being happy for them.  I thought once I was pregnant, that it would get better.

But it hasn't.

I've found out recently that two other women are pregnant and due several weeks after me. I don't really know these women, but in a small town, circles overlap, so everyone knows everyone.

I guess it seemed like no one was pregnant for so long and then once I become pregnant, so is everyone else.  Maybe its just a heightened sense of awareness.  Maybe not.  I'm glad to know that Olive will have other kids her age that come from families we know. 

But I just feel bummed that all the pregnancy talk isn't just about me.  That's really selfish.  I hate that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment