Friday, July 13, 2012

Is this foreshadowing

Baby girl is still being stubborn.  She doesn't want to move on command yet.  Which concerns me.  If I haven't felt movement in a while, like what I'm experiencing right now, I poke around and see if she will move.  Last night and today she's being stubborn.  I can feel some soft kicks every now and then, but nothing in response to my poking.

I don't blame her.  I don't want to be poked either.  But I like constant reassurance.  I would also like Gene to start feeling kicks.  Sometimes if I hold my hands on my belly for a while, eventually she will kick.  I tried to get Gene to feel that last night, but she wouldn't move.  I guess she was in a food coma. 

I have to remind myself that everything looked good on Tuesday.  I watched as the tech marked normal for all her anatomy.  The heartbeat was good, 148bpm.  I was also able to see that my placenta is now slightly anterior and down on the right.  Which might be why I only feel movement over on the left.

I'll be 22 weeks on Monday.  2 weeks till V (viability) day.  Really just one since I have access to a level one neonatal ICU.  Some say 23 weeks can be viable.  I work with children who have made early entries.  I know they can survive.  I don't think I'm concerned as much about pre term labor as and I am still birth. 

I'm now counting down till the next appointment again.  August 7.  Just over three weeks away.


No comments:

Post a Comment