Monday, July 9, 2012

The F word

I overheard this conversation this weekend:

JJ: How plump will Lisa get?
Gene:  giggling... pretty big, just you wait

Gene also continued to laugh at the word "plump".  JJ said he didn't know what other word to use.  I asked him if he was trying not to use the F word.  He said yes.  What a sweet boy, trying not to call me FAT!  Which Gene thinks is funny to do all the time.  (I really know he is joking and I've started to joke along.)

I'm getting bigger and bigger.  Or plumper and plumper I guess.  I told Gene the other day that I don't feel as cute as I thought I would.  He told me I had to work to be cute.  Thanks honey, just what I needed to hear.  I'm not large by any means.  I think for any woman its hard to see you body change like this.  I would say there is a little more on my hips than I expected, but I'm not round.

The one thing that has gotten me this entire pregnancy is my lack of energy.  I will say it has somewhat improved in the past week or two, but its not totally back.  Also, the oppressive heat may have a hindrance on any activity.  Its hard to do anything outside because its so damn hot and humid.  Not even the lake or pool is comforting.  Sure, I could go walk around the mall or something, but that just leads to spending money.  I'd rather be plump than broke.

Tomorrow is the big day.  The anatomy scan.  I'm very eager.  I've had some cramping over the weekend.  I'm looking forward to talking to a doctor and verifying that all is well with Olive.  Cramping always has me concerned, but I know its normal.  I've had it off and on the entire time.  I should take it as a sign that she's growing big and strong.


No comments:

Post a Comment