Thursday, February 9, 2012

The perfect storm

That's what we are.  I prefer to call us the Trifecta of Awesomeness, but Perfect Storm is ok to. 

I didn't want to go today.  Just like last week.  I wanted to dig my heels into the ground and do a full on tantrum.  I could feel the office pulling me in, and my body resisting. Hysterically crying on the inside to not make me do it.  But, I'm an adult.  I have to do these things. Or at least I think I do.  So, I took my elephant with me and we went inside.

The snowball is rolling again.  This time they want to do an endometrial biopsy. Sounds fun.  They think there could be some sort of receptor in the endometrial lining that's prohibiting implantation.  Given I have endo, there is a good chance they are there.  If so, I get 2-3 months of Depo-Lupron shots!  Yeah!  I remember my mom getting those, and they don't seem like fun.

If I'm normal (HA!) then we can proceed with the frozen embie.  Which is perfect!  Although its sibling was perfect at this point as well.  Apparently when it was unthawed, the zona (shell) around the embryo cracked.  This is also, apparently, rare.  There is no cause or prevention, it just happens sometimes.  This severely damaged the embie and downgraded it to a 4.  Which 4's can implant and grow, but obviously ours didn't.

They are all baffled that I'm such a good responder, but things just aren't working.  I feel they doing all they can.  Its very, very, frustrating that it keeps unravelling into one problem after another. I wish it was simple, I wish it was fixable, but that wouldn't make the perfect storm, would it?!?


No comments:

Post a Comment