Thursday, February 23, 2012

Can't win

It doesn't seem like my body wants to participate either.  My progesterone test came back that I have not, or did not ovulate.  So, therefore, I cannot participate in the research study.  There is a chance I could try again with the next cycle, but since I didn't qualify this time, the chances that they will let me try again are slim because they (or the nurse) sees it as  waste of resources.

I get it.  I understand research.  I tried to tell her I understand.  I do research.  I know there are criteria and the protocols are strict and you can't just let even one little thing be different.

She told me my other option is another study, which isn't free, but insurance may cover, but she wasn't sure, someone else could tell me that.  I would still have the biopsy done, but I would be unmedicated.  I would have to test for ovulation between days 11-13. 

Now, let me tell you.  I have never ovulated that early! She said if I hadn't ovulated then at day 15 they would trigger me and then do the biopsy 8-10 days after that.  So it looks like I can add the expenses of two office visits, an ultrasound, and a trigger shot to my long list of expenses.  Plus whatever insurance doesn't cover for the biopsy. 

Needless to say, the elephant it still there and it gained a few pounds yesterday.  Both before noon and after.  If I go the other route with the biopsy, then again, it looks like it could interfere with California.  But at this rate, I'm not sure I even ovulated.  I felt like I was going to, but then I got a monster head cold, so it could have gone into hibernation mode. I feel like I might be getting ready to again, but that could all be phantom symptoms. So, I can suspect that my period might be delayed. 

I'm waiting to here from the doctor on what he advises I do.  I know what he's going to say. Again, it will be a hurry up and wait, then hemorrhage some money, then wait some more. 

Do you think elephants like lemonade?

No comments:

Post a Comment