Tuesday, February 28, 2012

I hate the media

So lately, it seems as though my problems are being secretly sprinkled all over public media.  I know its just me, but its hard not to relate, and hard not to get emotional.

Case in point #1:
There is a local radio commercial for an Ob/Gyn office.  Months ago, this office had a commercial with a woman talking about how when having her first child, the office was great, and now that she's having her second she can't wait to work with them again.  This commercial didn't really bother me, even though I heard it ALL THE TIME. 

But now, they have a man on there talking about how nice the office is.  He starts off by saying that when they were trying for their first, it took several months, but when it did happen, this office made the next few months stress free.  I wanted to punch the radio!  He was devastated that it took a few months and was so excited when they were pregnant.  I think I'm just jealous and envious, but its the worried to happy tone that makes me want to puke, then cry every time I hear it!

Case in point #2:
There is a TV ad for COPD.  I don't have COPD, nor do I think I ever will.  But, in the commercial, the man is followed around by a big elephant.  Hello!  That's my elephant, and he lives on MY chest!  Every time I see that commercial, I think "Damn that elephant is huge!"  Then I take some shallow breathes, and remind myself its not time to panic.

Its just more evidence that the situation has taken over my life.  I already knew this, but the subtle reminders are like knifes into my gut.

I still haven't heard from the doctor about what to do next.  I'm not sure I will until I call on cycle Day 1 and talk with the IVF nurse.  Who is an angel, and knows me, and knows how to get things done and get answers.  She's the blessing in all of this.  I know its not an easy job, but it really helps to know that there is someone who has emotions for me, and makes me feel like I'm the only patient she has to care for.

I guess at this point we are looking at the park map and trying to decide which ride we want to go on next.  It might be time to hit the beverage cart and get some lemonade.

No comments:

Post a Comment