Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Walking Zombie

Some days I feel like I'm a walking zombie.  I haven't had a full nights rest in 20 weeks.  Nothing longer than 2-3 hours.  Before Abby was born, I would have never imagined I could have survived on a schedule like that.  I'm a sleeper, I love my sleep.  I need my sleep.

I think its all catching up to me. 

I'm exhausted.  Like really exhausted.  I fell asleep at work yesterday.  Just a 10 minute cat nap, but still, I fell asleep at work.  Some days I wish I could sleep all day at work.  Although I would still have to get up to pump, which would be beyond the point of getting 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep.

Some how I think I was naive to how much lack of sleep I would be getting.  I definitely think Abby is in the four month wakeful period right now.  She wakes up several times a night.  Shes wide awake and playing with her feet, but crying because she is lonely.  Shes not easily consolable, and I usually end up nursing her back to sleep.  I was hoping the introduction of cereal would help fill her tummy for the night.  I guess I need to keep my hopes it.  Its only been a few days of that. She did take 2 tablespoons last night for the first time.

I know this phase won't last forever.  And in the middle of the night, I watch her nurse by the glow of the tv and I savor every moment.  Every sleepy moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment