Friday, March 15, 2013

A memory that will never fade

Today is the one year anniversary of the day I found out I was pregnant.  Its been 365 days since I became a mother.

Its a day I'll never forget.  That agonizing feeling on whether or not I should take a test.  That pit in my stomach when I did, and then drop I felt when the positive line appeared before the control.  That shaking fear/excitement I had as I woke Gene up.  Then, as he held me tight as the thought sunk in. Its hard to believe that a year has already passed.

This morning I woke up to a happy, smiling baby.  (Who quite possibly could be going through the 4 month wakeful period right now, because we were up several times last night!).  But, nonetheless, she was so precious to see this morning.  Her warm cheek snuggling the crook in my neck.  The bright smile she gives when she finally opens her eyes and sees its me that's holding her. Its all unimaginable.

I thank god every day for this opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment