Monday, March 4, 2013

You're a Good Woman

I can imagine for many its hard to understand our modern family.  But for me, I know no different.  And I entered into this situation on my own free will, knowing all the strings that came attached. 

Yes, there are times I don't like it.  Like, for instances, after a long day at work and I come home to find the white GMC SUV is still in the driveway, thus signalling that pick up is still in progress.  This was particularly hard during those darkest IFV days when all I wanted to do was crawl into bed in cry.  Now its hard because all I want to do is take my baby into my arms and snuggle alone with her, but I have to "share" her for the moment.

The modern family sat together at church this weekend.  JJ's mom doesn't attend our church (anymore), but JJ's attending a confirmation class before Sunday service and she decided to stay for service afterward.  So it was quite the pew full.  This isn't the first time we've all done this, and it won't be the last, but it was the first for no special reason.  (Not a holiday, or the children doing something special).  We share our usual row with the sweetest elderly woman.   After church she found me in the nursery to see Abby and she told me that I was a "good woman".  She was curious to know what brought about today's visitation.  Nothing particular I told her, that's just our life.

I don't think of myself as a good woman.  The separation was amicable.  There is no hard feelings between them.  They have each moved on with their lives.  We are connected by one thing.  One special thing that doesn't deserve to know anything but happiness.  And its my job to make sure he gets nothing but that.


No comments:

Post a Comment