Friday, March 8, 2013

I can tell by the look in your eyes

My mother used to be able to tell when I wasn't feeling well because she could tell by the look in my eyes.  I'm not one for sympathy, or coddling, so I never outwardly expressed when I didn't feel well, unless I really didn't feel well.

Now I understand what she means.  I can see it in Abby's eyes.  Those big bluish grey eyes, looking at me, deep into me, going straight to my heart.

She's currently running a fever.  Yesterday afternoon is was 101, its still close to that this morning.  She's not her perky self, although she's still smiling.  Her little cries are pathetic.  More like whimpers.  She just wants to be held and snuggled.

I don't know what it is.  The daycare thinks its just teething.  But they say she's been tugging on her ear.  I called as soon as I could this morning and got her an appointment with the pediatrician.  I hope its not her ears.  I really hope its nothing, but I know with a fever like that, it can't be.

I know this isn't the last time she will be sick, but it breaks my heart to see her uncomfortable.  Although I do love the baby snuggles, I would rather snuggle with a happy baby than a sick one.

No comments:

Post a Comment