Friday, March 1, 2013

It might kill me, but it makes her happy

Daycare is gonna kill me.  I can already feel it.  This sickness needs to go away. And STAY AWAY!  (I know that's not going to happen, but I can hope).

Most people were surprised that Abby goes to daycare.  As opposed to having a family member watch her at home.  But I feel that daycare is a good things for her.  For the social her.  She seems to really enjoy people and groups.  She loves to watch her surroundings  (She gets that from both Gene and I).  Just last night I carried her in the Moby at the grocery store, hoping she would fall asleep as soon as we started walking around, but she didn't.  She stayed alert the whole time, looking around.  Smiling at everyone who would talk to her.  (And no old lady, she is not huge for a 3 1/2 month old.  If you actually saw her out of the wrap, she is rather small!) 

I'm glad she has some place to go everyday to interact with other people and things.  As her mental development grows, she will learn a lot from having other children to interact with.  I think not being the center of attention all day as helped her learn to soothe herself better.  And, that may just be a skill learned with age and not surroundings, but I probably do have a tendency to jump on her every whimper.


Of course I would love to be at home with her, but I think this is the best arrangement.  Its hard to leave her in the mornings, but she's always so happy to be there.  And, at the end of the day, when I show up to pick her up, she has that same big smile on her face when she sees me.

No comments:

Post a Comment