Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Stats

Abby has her 4 month check up yesterday.  (We're a few weeks off due to the holidays.)

At 19 weeks she is 10 pounds 13 ounces and 23 inches long.  That puts her in the 1% for her weight and 4% for her height.  She's a peanut.  I don't see her growing out of the 0-3 clothes anytime soon.  I just hope that she gets some summer use out of her 3-6 month things.  At least she is getting her monies worth!

The doctor wasn't concerned at all for her small size.  He said its not uncommon for breastfed babies to be lean. He said there should be a separate growth chart for them.  He said as long as she's making plenty of wets and dirties in a day, she is fine.

She also got to start cereal yesterday.  We picked up some rice cereal on the way home.  We also set the high chair up as soon as we got home.  She seemed to enjoy the experience of eating.  It was hard to keep her hand out of her mouth so I could get the spoon in.  We managed to finish the little bit she was offered.  We also escaped without too much of a mess.  Next week we will try oatmeal and see how she likes that. I tried the cereal again this morning, but she wasn't interested.  She had already eaten and I think she was full.

She also had her shots yesterday.  She managed those like a champ.  Of course she cried, but she didn't cry long.  I think she's feeling it this morning though.  She seemed a little crabby, which is unlike her in the mornings.

After the doctors, we went to Target to pick up a few things and she got to try out her new stroller.  I bought an umbrella stroller for her, since she's wanting to sit up and see things.  The snap and go has been great, and I love it, but she's not content in it if she's awake.  I did a lot of online research and settled on the Chicco Liteway.  It seemed to have the right features for us.  Its probably a little larger than Gene wants, but I think this stroller will last us a long time.  She loved riding around in it.  She really is a people watcher!  I foresee us getting good use out of it for soccer games.

I still can't believe how fast she is changing. She looked so little and so big sitting in the high chair.  I love seeing her personality emerge.  I'm finally seeing how easy of a baby she is (knock on wood). She smiles, laughs, hardly ever fuses, loves people.  We are working on the sleeping (she only woke up once last night, not sure if that's from the cereal, the shots, or not having an afternoon nap yesterday). She loves to ride in the car, shopping cart, or stroller.  I can only hope she continues to be this easy going. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment