Thursday, March 7, 2013

4-5-11

I should have written this post yesterday, but I forgot till I was on the way home, and then it was too late.  So, its a day late.

Yesterday was/is a special day for our family.  March 6, is JJ's other special day.  It was the day he came to America, and began his new life with his forever family.  Its like a second birthday to him, but no presents.  We celebrate with love and affection and a reminder that hes so important to us.

Because of school and activities, its harder to plan celebrations, so Friday will be let him choose somewhere to go out to eat to celebrate.  We will celebrate 11 years this year.

That day is also important to our family.  That is the day that we took the step to secure our bond forever.  March 6, 2008 is the day Gene and I became engaged.  I can't believe I've been wearing that beautiful ring on my finger for 5 years now.  It really has gone by fast.  To look back at those pictures and see how much JJ has changed.  How he's not the little boy anymore, but the little man. I feel honored that Gene chose such and important day in his life to share with me.  I'm not sure Gene really thought much into the symbolism when he chose that day.  For me, it was the moment that two became three.

Now we have 4.  A sweet little thing that's 4 months old already!  She's quite the happy baby.  She loves to smile and "talk" to you.   Don't get her wrong though, she can through a hissy fit better than her mama.  She's learning to voice her opinions, and she's quite stubborn about it.  She's learning to pull herself toward a sitting position.  She wants to be upright so she can swivel that little head around and see what's going on.  Just like her mom and dad, watching people wherever she goes. 

She can grab things now.  She's not afraid to grab a chunk of my hair.  She doesn't pull yet, she just holds on.  She has learned to pick up toys and move them around.  I'm still not certain the movements are deliberate because it always seems that the toy ends up far away from her, for which she gets upset about.

She has learned to love the pacifier.  It still has trouble staying in her mouth sometimes, but she's learning how to grab it.  Soon I think she will be able to put it back in.  She often sleeps with one and she will let you know if she has awoken and its not in her mouth.  Thankfully, most of the time she can doze right back off once you get in her mouth.

I'm amazed by our little family.  We've come a long way.  We are unique and I'm proud of that. I think this calls for a toast.... lemonade anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment