Monday, July 1, 2013

I've gone Granola

I'm becoming one of those crunchy, granola moms.... the ones who breast feed, and baby wear, and make their baby clothes, and...

This weekend, I made my own baby food. 

I never had intentions of making all of Abby's food.  I think the Gerber containers are just fine.  She loves them.  They have a wide variety of fruits and veggies.  They are easy to store and carry on the go.

I purchased a box of produce that came with a mix of things.  I planned out meals for each.  But I was lost at a few items.  Sweet potatoes.  We don't really ever eat sweet potatoes.  But Abby does, and she loves them.  So I thought, how hard could it be?  Its just mashed up potatoes, right.

Right!  I peeled and steamed all 3 pounds of potatoes.  The simmered in the steamer for 20 minutes.  I poured them in a bowl and went to town with the immersion blender.  I added some water to thin it out, but in a few minutes, it looked just like the things that come in the container.  It even tasted good.

I ended up with two and half ice cube trays of sweet potatoes.  I really don't know how much that converts too.  I would think she would eat 3 cubes at a time.  So it will last a while.  I also got a whole tray of carrots.

I don't know what other foods I will try.  I just did those because I didn't want them to go to waste, and they came in the box, I couldn't choose something else.  If the opportunity comes up again, I will give it a whirl.  Saving a few pennies here and there can't hurt can it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment