Friday, July 5, 2013

8 is GR8

Eight months... wow...I know I say that every month... but wow!  Where has the time gone.  I can not believe it. 

At 6:13 this morning Abby, you were snuggled up next to me in bed.  You little mouth purring away.  Your arm flung over the cover. Your face smashed in the bed.  You were a little antsy last night, so at 5, I brought you to bed with me, so I could sleep!!!  This past month, you've gotten sooooooooo much better with your sleep.  You've even transition to sleeping in your crib, in your room!  I couldn't believe it was so easy.  I still wake up a couple of times a night and listen close to the monitor.  I feel so relieved when I can hear your quite snoring.

Another big transition this month, is we are no longer breastfeeding.  Over the month, we weaned off.  You didn't seem content anymore.  I felt like you weren't getting enough.  Vacations messed us up.  But you are happy with it.  I think it was your choice.  I'm ok with it, but I already miss it.  I told myself that we would continue the early morning and bedtime feeds, but you didn't want those.  I just think there wasn't anything for you to get.  You go nuts when you see a bottle.  Particularly if you can't have a bottle.  You take the bottle good and you love it.

You also continue to eat well.  You love all the fruits and veggies. Your new favorite snack is yogurt bites.  You can pinch and pick them up really well.  You immediately put it in your mouth and "chew".

You still don't have any teeth.  Maybe soon.  I'm having a hard time guessing what "teething" looks like.  Some days I think you are, and then some days not.  They will come when they come.

You also aren't on the move yet, but you are sooooooo close.  You push up when you are on your belly.  You just haven't figured out what to do with your legs yet.  I'm not rushing for you to be mobile, but I think watching you try is precious.  You can easily pull up though.  With minimal support you can get to standing.  You haven't figured out how to pull up on your own though, but I know it won't take long.  Its already time to lower the crib.

You still are quite curious at everything.  You still love people, although you are extra clingy to me at times.  You have a smile that lights up the room and you are not afraid to flash it. 

You still are a little petite peanut.  6 month ones are still long.  You have no bum, so 3 month pants are a good fit.  3-6 month pants have a little extra room.  6 month pants almost fall off.  You have so many clothes right now, its shameful.  I try to rotate through everything so you get a chance to wear it all. 

You are still in size 2 diapers.  You've become a wiggle worm on the changing table.  You get mad that you can't sit up.  We try to sing songs or be silly at that time to help distract you.

You love the water, except the shower.  You love the pool and the bath.  You like to splash with your hands.  You laugh when it gets you in the face.

You've really discovered Woody this month.  You like it when he licks you in the face, although I don't like it when he does that.  You like to "pet" him.  Which means you like to pull his hair.  He is becoming more patient with you, but I think that will take time from both of you.  I think he's a little overwhelmed with all the attention you receive (and he does not).

I know it seems fast to me and slow to every one else, but I can't believe its been 8 months already.  I still feel blessed every day.  I still hug you and squeeze you and thank God everyday for gifting me with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment