Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Evil Spoon

Abby has been having some separation issues. Mostly with me leaving her. It can be anything from a small whimper or a total meltdown. Even if I just go around the corner to the bathroom or the kitchen.

So, to appease her one day, I set her on the kitchen floor while I was cooking with a pot and some spoons. She loved it, and the new toys moved over to her playplace in the living room. Well, one day last week, she was waving the heavier wooden spoon around and conked herself in the head. Resulting in epic tears. No biggie, some hugs and kisses and all was good. She still plays with the spoon.

Last night, she was playing with the smaller, plastic spoon, putting the handle end in her mouth. Well, I'm not really sure what happen, but the epic of all epic meltdowns happened. I think she poked herself in her mouth. She was so dramatic that she couldn't even catch her breath to cry. I scooped her up and hugged her and kissed her. I gave her a teething toy to put in her mouth, hoping the coolness would help subdue the tears.

She eventually settled down and we put that spoon away.

No comments:

Post a Comment