Friday, February 15, 2013

Patience Grasshopper

Its been very hard for me to imagine what its like to not know how to do anything for yourself.  But its been a completely joy to see Abby develop new skills. 

Recently she's been able to grab and hold things.  She will hold the wabbanub, although she still hasn't learned how to continuously keep it in her mouth.  She can grab toys.  She still has some jerky movements when she's trying to do something with them. 

I know they say to just give it time, every time I would get frustrated when she couldn't do something.  and, its true.  It just take time.  And repetition.  And support.  I'm Abby's biggest cheerleader.  I'm so proud of her when she does something new or different.  She usually responds with a smile and sometimes a squeaky little gargle (not quite a giggle yet).

It makes me fall in love all over again every single time. 

They also say time goes by so fast.  Which I know is true.  I'm trying to not rush these moments. I know its a place that you can never return to.  There is no need to hurry up and get things done.  Lets do it the southern way, nice and slow.

Maybe with a glass of lemonade?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment