Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Looking back

I've just spent the past thirty minutes reading posts I made last year at this time. 

Last year, at this time, I was at my lowest point.  IVF #2 had failed.  The tax accountant slapped us with a huge bill.  I didn't qualify for the biopsy study.  I was a hormonal, emotional mess.

Who knew what a difference I year could make?  Who knew that in my darkest moment, my greatest joy would come?

As I snuggled with Abby this morning, I really wanted time to stop so I could just stay there.  With her little head burrowing into my neck.  Her sweet smell from her bath the night before.  Her deep, soft breathing.  Her little arms finally reaching around and holding my neck.  I just want to stay there.

I'm almost in tears reading last years posts.  The emotion is so raw.  Blogging has been such a good outlet for me.  Even if no one reads it.  Its a place were I can retreat to when I need it. A place where I can remember (even if I don't ever want to) the ups and downs in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment