Thursday, February 21, 2013

New Invention

I have a new concept for fashion designers everywhere....

Woman's pants that have the inside, pull, button tabs like childrens pants do!  Especially for those woman who are post partum.

I'm having trouble with my pants, can you tell?

I decided that when I came back to work, I would treat myself to all new pants.  Most of the non-maternity pants that I had had seen me through all of our IF journey and I just didn't want to be reminded of that every single day.  I knew being only a few weeks post baby, that my weight would change, but I was desperate.  I was not wearing those pants again, and I was not going back to work in maternity pants!

I'm not as thin as I once was.  I gained 30 pounds during the pregnancy.  I probably could stand to lose 15 and feel really good about myself.  I'll take 10.  I know it takes time and I shoudn't have expected the weight to fall off immediately. Its slowly coming down.  I'm not actively trying to lose it anyway.  I'm still insanely hungry all the time.  I'm trying to curb cravings and eat more healthy snacks though.

But back to the topic, my pants.  So I bought several new pairs of pants and jeans to wear post baby.  In the store they fit fabulously.  I'm oddly shaped with short legs, wider hips, and full thighs.  So I'm a tough fit.  I was delighted to find things that worked for me.  And a plus, they were stylish! And afforable!

However, 6 weeks post purchase, the pants are a little loose.  I don't think I've lost much, but just enough I guess to make them a big saggy.  So now, I find myself tugging at them, pulling them up so I don't step on the bottoms. It could be weight loss, but I also find that straight out of the washer/dryer, they fit great again.  So I think the little amount of stretch they put into the material, turns in to a big stretch over the course of a few wearings.

I wish they would put a disclaimer tag on them when you're shopping.  Hey Woman!....  These pants are going to give a little, so its ok if they are a little tight right now in the store.  You'll feel so much better once you wear them a few times. Trust Me!

I also wish they would put those tabs in them like childrens pants.  The ones that cinch in the waist, so you can wear them for a while.  Why hasn't anyone done this yet?  I don't need much taken in, just a little.  A tab on the inside would be perfect.

Of course, I could wear a belt.  But then I would have to tuck my shirt in.  Because a shirt over a belt just emphasizes your waist.  Tucking currently isn't in style.  Also, my belts are all to small anyways right now.

I'm in a terrible predicament.  Whatever shall I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment