Friday, February 8, 2013

Dare we say it?

I think Abby has developed a bedtime routine.  Every night this week she has been put pleasantly asleep between 8:30 and 9:00. 

Some night we take a bath.  Some night we play.  Some nights we bounce around the living room.  I can tell she starts rubbing her eyes and turning her head side to side.

We make final coo's at each other on the changing table while the giraffe sings to us one more time for the day.  I've started to rub lotion on her legs and massage her feet before I put her jammies on.  We find a comfy spot for one more feeding.  I'll dim the lights.  She's eat till her hearts content and then softly pull off and relax.

At that point I can lay her in the pack and play and she is content for a few hours.  Some nights its 4, one night is was 5.5 and some are just 3. 

I'm just pleased that going to bed has become easier, and sooner.

I feel bad that maybe I didn't recognize the cues sooner.  I think she was overtired before and too overstimulated to relax.  I think she takes better naps at daycare, that may be helping as well.  I think she is enjoying the new routine.  I know I am a creature of habit, so it doesn't surprise me to have created on that does as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment