Tuesday, November 5, 2013

One

Today, Abby, is your birthday.

At 6:13 this morning, you turned one.  One year old.

Its been an amazing year.  You've taught me so many things.  I never knew I could love something so much.  That I would do anything for one little person.  We've learned together, and we made it.  They say the first year is the hardest, and I hope so.

You are such a happy child.  You are starting to show a diva personality.  I can tell you got my tenacity, but you're fathers determination.  You study things intently and you learn quickly.  You love people, music, Woody, Bubbie, and veggie straws.  You hate having your face wiped and your diaper changed.

We took you to the doctor for your check up today.  You are up to 17 pounds 10 ounces.  You are in the 18% now!  You are 27.75 inches long- the 9%.  You are growing, slowly and at your own pace.  (I don't know where you would get that from... maybe both parents!).  You still are wearing 9 month clothes.  We moved up to size 3 diapers last week. They are big, but the 2's just weren't holding it all in anymore.  You wear a size 3 shoe.  You love your converse kicks that Nana bought you. 

You don't crawl anywhere any more.  Its all walking.  You got several toys you can walk behind for your birthday, and you love those.  You figured out how to make then work really quick.  You also love it when Joejee pushes you on them.  The wind in your hair and the smile on your face is priceless!  I can't wait to see how much more fun the two of you have together.

You love to sit at the table and eat.  There isn't anything we give you that you don't like.  I know that will probably change soon, but at least for now you are a good eater.  You love meat.  Turkey and hot dogs are your favorite.  You love green beans, peas, honey dew, strawberries.  You'll snack on anything, but veggie straws are your favorite.  You love to pull them across your two teeth.

Hopefully there are more teeth in there.  I thought they were going to come through a few weeks ago, but nothing yet.  If you are teething, you are handling it like a champ!  We get to try some fluoride treatments now, and I'll make you an appointment to see the dentist for the first time!

The holidays are coming up and I can't wait to see how you react to it all.  I think you'll love the lights and the music.  Grammy is coming to spend time with you.  We will go visit Santa and Santa will come to our house and leave you lots of presents.  We will bake and eat cookies.  We will do so many fun things together, I just can't wait!

Abby, when I started this blog, I was in a very sad time in my life.  I was having a hard time imagining I would ever get to be a mom and feel the way I do today.  You have made that time just a faded memory now.  I live each day for you and your well being.  I'm grateful everyday for the miracle you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment