Wednesday, November 13, 2013

1 new voicemail

I knew the call was coming, and I knew it would be soon.  Its been a week.  I had been away from my desk and when I came back I saw the missed call, with a voicemail.

Then I listened to the voicemail and it said to call in.  So I hesitated, and I ready for this, is now a good time. 

I took a deep breath and dialed.  My breathing started to get faster as my heart raced. I followed the commands to speak to the right person.

She nicely told me my results were in and it was just an atypical mole.  It wasn't cancer!  I just needed to keep an eye on the spot and make sure non of the pigmentation came back.  They were able to get it all, so there should be nothing to worry about.

I finally took a breath.

I don't ever want to feel that way again.  I will be more diligent about sunscreen on myself, and my family. 

I'm going to go home tonight and hug my family a little tighter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment