Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Knock on Wood

I was thinking back the other day, and I realized we made it the entire first year without any ear infections!  (For Abby of course, I am a different story!)

Being pregnant, I was prepared for the worst when it came to the ears. Both Gene and I had terrible ears as child.  (I apparently still do).  Anytime she would get a fever and be fussy, everyone would tell me it must be her ears, even though it wasn't.

I think we survived the first year without any major illnesses.  We had our share of sniffles, but she's handled those like a champ.  She still happily plays and eats and sleeps well when she's not 100%.  We've had several colds, but nothing that's turned major. 

I'm hoping this winter is similar.  I'm hoping Abby inherited Gene's amazing immune system.  I seem to catch anything, even at the thought. His is much stronger and doesn't seemed to be phased by the common germ. 

Let's hope for the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment