Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Did that really just happen?

Last night started out like any other night.  We got home a little later, so we went straight to dinner time.  Abby enjoyed eating some avocado, ham, and Swiss cheese pieces.  She made a mess of herself and needed to go to the bath. (She had syrup in her hair from lunch, so it was bath time regardless of the avocado mess).

She enjoyed bath time with Daddy.  I folded her laundry in her room and listened in on bath time.  It as really cute to hear them together in there. 

Once bath time was over, we let her play for a while.  It was still early, so not quite bedtime yet. 

She wondered around the living room, moving from toy to toy.  She stopped for a while to finish her sippy cup of milk.  I could tell she was getting tired because she put her head down on the towel we used to wipe up her milk spills.  But, it was still a little early, so I let her play some more.

Then, all of a sudden, she tottered off to her room.  I went to get her some Tylenol for her teeth before we settled into bed.  While I was in the kitchen I heard her whimper.  Gene went to see about her.  When I came around to her room, he was empty handed.  I asked where she was and he said she was in the bed.  That when he got to her, she was at the crib, raising her hands up, and crying.  So he put her in the bed!

I gave her the Tylenol, tucked Meme the monkey close to her, and pulled the blanket up and that was it.  Night Night Abby.

I looked at Gene afterward with serious concern.  Did our child just ask to go to bed? Do children even do that?

I wonder if she will do that again? 

Her teeth have been hurting, and I know there is not much you can do except to wait it out.  She woke up several times in the night crying.  She found a paci and went right back to sleep.  But you could tell from the cry she was in pain.  I hate seeing her like that.  I try to do what I can to soothe the pain.  We've tried to be more lenient on the pacifier use because we think its helping her.  She knows how to go to the crib and if she can reach it, she will pull it out.  It makes her quiet, and happy.  The only other thing that seems to do that is food.  And I'm not teaching my child to pacify her pains with food. 

We are only on teeth three and four.  I can't imagine the pain with the rest.  I can only hope that she's getting several right now and that's the reason.  Or maybe this is just her, and its not teeth.  I don't know.

I guess we just have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment