Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Tiger Town Tantrum

Saturday was the start of the most wonderful time of the year.

College Football

We had made plans to go to Clemson. To tailgate and hang out with friends. It was a late game, so we weren't going to go into the game, but we went to join in the spirit.

Abby woke up a little crabby. She had a snotty crusty nose, but she seemed ok. We loaded into the car and headed to Clemson. We met up with Gene's old roommate at their house. Abby was content. She slept the entire way there. She played when we got there. She enjoyed the golf cart ride over to the tailgate spot.

She did not enjoy many moments after that. As soon as we got there, she started squirming. She wanted to be held, but didn't want to be held. She wasn't hungry. I tried water, I tried formula. I tried food. Nothing worked.

I walked around the parking lot. We talked and looked at things. Sometimes she would settle, but not for long. I returned to Gene, frustrated, and hot. He decided we should leave, so we packed up and started the walk back.

Gene stopped a short walk into the hike and asked me if I thought we should go visit another friends tailgate. They have more space, more seating, more people we and Abby know. She seemed to be a little calmer, and I really wasn't looking forward to the hike, so I agreed. We detoured over to the other tailgate. Glad to see friends and people who were sympathetic to us.

Abby immediately went to Auntie Beth and calmed down. She crashed not too long after that. She took a good nap and woke up much happier. At this point we were willing to stick it out for a while and see how she handled it.

She did so much better after that. She stuck it out till just after kick off. We left the tailgate before the half and headed back. She enjoyed the walk home, smiling at all the silly college students. She curled up in my lap when we got back and went to sleep. We stayed the night in Clemson. She did fine throughout the night.

Who knows what her problem was? Maybe it was just too hot? Maybe she was just tired again? I don't know. But that tantrum was traumatized. She's never acted like that, and I wasn't sure what to do. Also being in a new location with limited resources also added to my frustrations. But I'm glad everyone was able to settle down and enjoy the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment