Monday, August 26, 2013

Sunday Snuggles

I got to do a rare thing with Abby yesterday. We took a nap today.

We snuggled up on the couch. Her on my chest, both of us under the blanket. The TV softly in the background.

It takes me back to the first few weeks. And those weeks were that's all I would do during the day.

She's a lot bigger now, but she still fits on my chest. Her little head nuzzled into my neck.

I finally woke her up because I was worried she wouldn't be sleepy enough to go to bed. She didn't like that very much. She clung to me to 20 minutes before she would willingly go to someone else. I secretly enjoyed the separation anxiety. I know it won't last forever.

The fall will get busy soon. Soccer games will start. Sunday snuggles won't get to happen very often. I'm glad I was able to take advantage of it when I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment