Monday, August 19, 2013

First Day

Today is the first day of school. JJ starts the 7th grade. Middle of middle school. Hopefully this year will be kind to him. Although I think we will still have the same battles we have every year. Too much talking, too much goofing around, too much, too much, too much. Someday the lesson will sink in, lets hope it already has.

Today is also Abby's first day in her new classroom. She's no longer the baby of the school. She moved up to the older infant class. The cruisers. Right now there are 10 kids all between 9 months and 14 months. I'm sad she left the comfort of the baby room, but I know the new room will be great for her development. She had no problems crawling around this morning and playing with new toys.

I left a note for her teachers. (There is a sub in there till the teachers can get there after they drop their kids off at school). I hope I don't seem like that crazy, overcontrolling, helicopter mom. They suggested we send the childs schedule, so I did. I just added details to help them out. Hopefully when I pick her up today there isn't any strange looks.

Of course, I had to take her picture on the front porch today. Its a first day of school tradition to have your picture taken. I know she's not really in "school" but we call it that, and she does learn. In 18 years, there won't be any more firsts.

No comments:

Post a Comment