Monday, August 19, 2013

Me- Mama

We've been working on Abby's speech. She's good a mimicking. She can say dadadada really well. She can do a ba sound. She can babble a few other things as well. But I've been waiting for her to say mama.

I'll say it a few times and wait for her to parrot it back. But she just stares at me. I'll go slow so she can see my mouth, but still nothing.

Last night I thought I would try again. I said it, and I waited.

I could see the wheels turning in her head. Then all of a sudden, there is was mama.

Now, I know she doesn't connect me to mama, but just hearing that sound made me so excited. I waited so long for that. So long

It wasn't a one time occurrence either. She did it again after that, and again this morning. I think she's added it to her vocabulary.

Now we can start on other words. We keep trying Woody, Dog, Joejee (which is a hard one and will take a while). I'm very curious now what her "first" word will be. The one where she makes the connection between to object and the word.

No comments:

Post a Comment